Re: Question about ECPGset_noind_null() and ECPGis_noind_null() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Question about ECPGset_noind_null() and ECPGis_noind_null()
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:

> Is it *really* a bug? I recalled a comment from my C teacher
> in '92 or '93 about this exact issue, that the prefix/postfix
> increment/decrement operators are executed in the
> statement in an implementation-defined order,

Not if they come after a short-circuit operator such as && - after all,
that's what short-circuit evaluation implies. If the left hand operand
of && is false the right hand should not be evaluated at all.

cheers

andrew