Re: Can anyone help setting up pgbouncer? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Can anyone help setting up pgbouncer?
Date
List pgsql-general
Nick wrote:
> So now the only step I have left is actually connecting. Im trying to
> connect a php script to pgbouncer with
>
> $conn = pg_connect("host=127.0.0.1 dbname=bouncer1 port=6543
> user=nboutelier password=password");
>
> which results in
>
> Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could
> not connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on
> host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 6543

OK - so we have one of two possibilities:
1. pgbouncer isn't listening on localhost, port 6543
2. Some firewall is in the way

If you have root access then you can check #1. You'll get something like
this:

lsof -i | grep pgbouncer
pgbouncer  ... TCP localhost:6432

For #2, check your configuration settings and logs to see if anything is
blocking you.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd