Re: Remote Database Connection - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Remote Database Connection
Date
List pgsql-general
Nykolyn, Andy (AS) wrote:

> Is there a way to set up the pg_hba.conf file to allow users to
> connect regardless of their IP address?  I have users that need to
> access the database through a VPN using a non static IP address.
> Thanks in advance.

    specify a subnet mask that includes all these non-static VPN IPs

as in..

    HOST ALL ALL 172.16.0.0/12   md5

A VPN almost always uses its own subnet range(s) for the remote clients,
they don't appear on your WAN with their own arbitrary IPs, they appear
with IPs that are assigned by the VPN

If you really want to allow all IPs, specify 0.0.0.0/0