Re: Postgres for mobile website? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: Postgres for mobile website?
Date
List pgsql-general
Andre Lopes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a website using Postgres database. Now I need to develop a
> mobile website, what should I do?
>
> Use the Postgres database or copy the information of the database to a
> SQLite database? Postgres isn't heavy to a mobile website?
>
> The website is update 2 times month. I can easly sincronize the
> databases Postgres to SQLite. What do you think about this solution?
>
> Best Regards.
You question is unclear. Changing databases makes no sense in relation
to the browser used to access a website. The front-end might render
pages differently depending on whether it is accessed from a desktop,
Blackberry, iPhone, etc. but that has nothing to do with the database.

Are you, on the other hand, developing an application that runs on a
mobile device and which requires its own stand-alone database? In that
case you will need to find an acceptable data-store that can run on the
targeted device(s) and a method of keeping the device and central
databases in-synch.

More info would help get a useful answer.

Cheers,
Steve