Re: How can I get one OLD.* field in a dynamic query inside a trigger function ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Baguette
Subject Re: How can I get one OLD.* field in a dynamic query inside a trigger function ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Le 24/10/09 22:09, Pavel Stehule a écrit :
> you can use plperl or plpython for this task.
>
> Pavel

re-Hello Pavel,

I always used plpgsql because I *thought* it was the most powerfull
procedural language for stored procedures in PostgreSQL.

The fact that PL/pgSQL is most documented than PL/Tcl and PL/Perl (and
PL/Python *seems* to have very poor documentation) has probably made me
wrong.

Which one would you advise me to learn and use, instead of PL/pgSQL ?

Can you explain me why does PL/Perl and PL/Python can does this task
(using OLD in a dynamic query) where PL/pgSQL can't ?

Once again, thanks a lot for your tips ! :-)

Kind regards,

--
Bruno Baguette - bruno.baguette@gmail.com