Re: is postgres a good solution for billion record data.. what about mySQL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: is postgres a good solution for billion record data.. what about mySQL?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 24/10/2009 20:46, Tawita Tererei wrote:
> In addition to this what about MySQL, how much data (records) that can be
> managed with it?
>
> regards
>
> On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 3:32 AM, shahrzad khorrami <
> shahrzad.khorrami@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> is postgres a good solution for billion record data, think of 300kb data
>> insert into db at each minutes, I'm coding with php
>> what do you recommend to manage these data?

I know that many people on this list manage very large databases with
PostgreSQL. I haven't done it myself, but I understand that with the
right hardware and good tuning, PG will happily deal with large volumes
of data; and 300kb a minute isn't really very much by any standards.

You can get a few numbers here: http://www.postgresql.org/about/

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland