Incompatible library : Missing Magic Block - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Incompatible library : Missing Magic Block
Date
Question of using trigger's OLD in EXECUTE
List pgsql-general

Hi,

I am trying to write a C function (using Postgres external methods) in windows XP and am using Postgres 8.3.7 version and creating a dll using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.

However I have included all the required headers and PG_MODULE_MAGIC in my code. (Please find below the example code which I am compiling using MSVC)

// add.cpp : Defines the entry point for the DLL application.

//

#define _USE_32BIT_TIME_T

#include "postgres.h"

#include "fmgr.h"

//#ifdef PG_MODULE_MAGIC

PG_MODULE_MAGIC;

//#endif

PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1(add_one);

Datum add_one(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)

{

    int32   arg = PG_GETARG_INT32(0);

    PG_RETURN_INT32(arg + 1);

}

I could compile the code successfully and generate the dll with no errors but whenever I am compiling the below postgres function using that dll, Postgres throws an error

ERROR:  incompatible library "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/lib/add.dll": missing magic block

HINT:  Extension libraries are required to use the PG_MODULE_MAGIC macro.

Postgres Function

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION add_one(IN int) RETURNS int AS '$libdir/add', 'add_one' LANGUAGE C;

I am using the Postgres 8.3.7 headers to compile the program and have followed the steps to compile the program in MSVC.

Kindly provide your help at the earliest as this is really a show stopper for us.

Many thanks in advance

Ambarish Bhattacharya