adding another node to our pitr config - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Geoffrey
Subject adding another node to our pitr config
Date
List pgsql-general
We are currently using WAL shipping to have a hot spare of our
databases.  We want to add another node to this configuration.  The
question is, what is the best way to go about this?

Currently, our script checks to see if the WAL file already exists on
the target server, if not, then we scp the file over.  This is a local
machine, so the scp overhead is not considered to be an issue.

So, the current approach is:

ssh $1 "test ! -f $2/$4" && scp $3 $1:$2/$4

So, should I simply duplicate that line for the second server and place
it below this one, or should they be dependent upon each other?  That is:

archive_command = 'archive.sh node1 /esc/master/pitr %p %f node2'

ssh $1 "test ! -f $2/$4" && scp $3 $1:$2/$4 &&
ssh $5 "test ! -f $2/$4" && scp $3 $5:$2/$4

The second node will not be at the same location, thus the network
reliability is less.

Thanks for any insights.

--
Until later, Geoffrey