Re: Best suiting OS - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jean-David Beyer
Subject Re: Best suiting OS
Date
Re: [OT] Best suiting OS
List pgsql-performance
Robert Haas wrote (in part):

> Also, I'd just like to mention that vi is a much better editor than
> emacs.

That is not my impression. I have used vi from when it first came out (I
used ed before that) until about 1998 when I first installed Linux on one of
my machines and started using emacs. I find that for some tasks involving
global editing, that vi is a lot easier to use. But for most of the things I
do on a regular basis, if find emacs better. So, for me, it is not which is
the better editor, but which is the better editor for the task at hand.

  ^^-^^ 09:30:01 up 4 days, 18:29, 3 users, load average: 4.09, 4.07, 4.09