Re: CREATE LIKE INCLUDING COMMENTS and STORAGES - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: CREATE LIKE INCLUDING COMMENTS and STORAGES
Date
Re: CREATE LIKE INCLUDING COMMENTS and STORAGES  (Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki.takahiro@oss.ntt.co.jp>)
List pgsql-hackers

Itagaki Takahiro wrote:
> I removed hunks by sql_help.c and fix a typo in documentation.
> An updated patch attached.
>
> Brendan Jurd <direvus@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> With the sql_help.c changes removed, the patch applied fine and
>> testing went well.
>>
>> I noticed only the following in the new documentation in CREATE TABLE:
>> -      <literal>INCLUDING DEFAULTS INCLUDING CONSTRAINTS INCLUDING INDEXES INCLUDING STORAGES INCLUDING
COMMENTS</literal>.
>> +      <literal>INCLUDING DEFAULTS INCLUDING CONSTRAINTS INCLUDING INDEXES INCLUDING STORAGE INCLUDING
COMMENTS</literal>.

>> Aside from the bogus hunks in the patch, and this one typo, the patch
>> looks to be in excellent shape.

I'm reviewing this patch with a view to committing it, since the other
patch I was going to look at still seemed to be subject to some
discussion. In general it looks OK, but I'm wondering why we are not
copying comments on cloned indexes. I realize that might involve a bit
more code, but I think I'd feel happier if we cloned all the comments we
reasonably could from the outset. Is it really that hard to do?

cheers

andrew