Re: SQL moving window averages/statistics - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andreas
Subject Re: SQL moving window averages/statistics
Date
List pgsql-sql
Just 3 points ...

1)  don't use "date" as a column name because it's a data type.

2)   to_char(current_date, 'MM')||to_char(current_date, 'DD')       is equivalent to       to_char(current_date,
'MMDD')

3)  you should get the same result with
...where icao='KSFO'  and (EXTRACT (MONTH from date) = 9)  and (EXTRACT (DAY from date)  BETWEEN 23 AND 29))
group by

Then you lost me with your 3 day idea    =8-}

It might be depressingly slow but depending how time critical the report
is, you could do something like

select distinct (date)   date,   (select max(dc1.tmax) from daily_climate as dc1 where dc1.date
between (dc0.date - interval '1 day') and (dc0.date + interval '1 day'))
as max_tmax,   (select min(dc1.tmax) from daily_climate as dc1 where dc1.date
between (dc0.date - interval '1 day') and (dc0.date + interval '1 day'))
as min_tmax,
from daily_climate as dc0

That's just something that might get you a result.
I didn't try it out.