Connect to database with php pg_connect, cannot find table even though it shows up on psql connection - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Mary Anderson
Subject Connect to database with php pg_connect, cannot find table even though it shows up on psql connection
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi gang,

    I have a database named fubar.  That database has a table named
do_s.  I run a php command
    pg_connect(" host=myHost user=myUsername password=myPassword
dbname=fubar")
    which executes successfully.  When I run a postgresql command
against do_s I am told the relation does not exist.
    When I connect using psql I can find the table with no problem.  The
table is in the public schema.  It was not created with capital letters
in its name.  Looking for public.do_s does not help.

    I would like to know a postgresql command which tells me the name of
the database I am connected to.

     I suspect the system is doing something funny and have contacted
our sysadmin people, who are doing all kinds of things to our network as
a result of our being hacked a couple of weeks ago.  But it would help
to know the name of the database I actually connected to!

Thanks

Mary Anderson