Re: numeric_to_number() function skipping some digits - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: numeric_to_number() function skipping some digits
Date
Re: numeric_to_number() function skipping some digits  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> writes:
>> daveg <daveg@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>>> It seems worse to to give a wrong answer silently then to throw an
>>> error.  What we do now seems sort of MySqlish.
>
>> I agree with David on that.
>
> So who is volunteering to do the presumably rather major rewrite
> involved?
We don't typically identify an author before putting something on the
TODO list.
That said, this one seems like it would be within my skill set.  I
seem to have trouble finding tasks that are for which we can get
consensus, so I just might pick this one up if we achieve such
consensus on it. The biggest problem, should I take it on, would be
that I don't currently have access to an Oracle database, so someone
would have to supply me with accurate specs for how it should behave,
or point to unambiguous documentation.
-Kevin