Re: numeric_to_number() function skipping some digits - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Subject Re: numeric_to_number() function skipping some digits
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jeevan Chalke escreveu:
> That means we cannot simply ignore such characters from the input.
> Rather we can process the string R-L. But yes this will definitely going
> to break the current applications running today.

IIRC we tight the to_char() and to_timestamp() input for 8.4. Why don't we do
it for to_number() too? The fact of breaking application is not a strong
argument against having compatibility with Oracle to_*() functions. People
that are building applications around these two databases and are using the
to_*() functions are expecting that the behavior being the same (i didn't
remember any complaints about that but ...).

So +1 for this TODO.

--  Euler Taveira de Oliveira http://www.timbira.com/