Re: Anonymous code blocks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: Anonymous code blocks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane napsal(a): <blockquote cite="mid:14669.1253412760@sss.pgh.pa.us" type="cite"><pre wrap="">Andrew Dunstan <a
class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"href="mailto:andrew@dunslane.net"><andrew@dunslane.net></a> writes:
arethe major points about this patch:

- it's missing the returns declaration syntax (default value could be
returns void?)
- it would be much more friendly to users if it had a default output
type="cite"><prewrap="">Really? That wasn't my expectation at all. I expected that the code

would in effect be always returning void. I think you're moving the
goalposts a bit here. I don't think we need a RETURNS clause on it for
I think adding onto DO capabilities is something we could do later
if demand warrants.  I'd prefer to underdesign it for starters than
withoutbreaking any existing code for users so no problem there (same goes for removing the requirement of BEGIN ...
ENDfor example).<br /><br /><blockquote cite="mid:14669.1253412760@sss.pgh.pa.us" type="cite"><pre wrap="">BTW, what

Regards
Petr Jelinek (PJMODOS)</pre>