Re: PATCH: make plpgsql IN args mutable (v1) [REVIEW] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: PATCH: make plpgsql IN args mutable (v1) [REVIEW]
Date
Re: PATCH: make plpgsql IN args mutable (v1) [REVIEW]
List pgsql-hackers

Abhijit Menon-Sen wrote:
> At 2009-07-30 13:37:16 -0700, prentice@cisco.com wrote:
>
>> This patch changes plpgsql IN parameters so they are mutable.
>>

> Makes sense, applies fine, works fine.

How does this compare with PLSQL? I know in Ada an IN argument is in
effect a constant. I understand the utility, because I occasionally
knock against this restriction, but if it's incompatible with PLSQL I
think we should think about it more carefully.

cheers

andrew