Re: Feature Request: JSON input for hstore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Feature Request: JSON input for hstore
Date
List pgsql-hackers

David Fetter wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 06:55:52PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> David Fetter wrote:

>>> The backend, ideally in some pluggable way.  XML, under proper
>>> circumstances, should work, as should YAML, etc.
>>>
>> The way the standard specifies SQL/XML requires grammar support.
>> That  means it can't really be pluggable. We've been over this
>> before.
>>

> I haven't found anything about hstore in the standard, so I'm not sure
> how this applies.

You're the one that mentioned the backend being pluggable w.r.t. XML
among other things.

In any case, this is academic. It has become clear in off-list
discussion that support for JSON input isn't really what the requestor
needs. What he needs is a way to translate a Perl hashref to an hstore
literal and vice versa, and Andrew Gierth has written some nice routines
in Perl to do just that.

cheers

andrew