Re: COPY enhancements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: COPY enhancements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
>> The user-defined table for rejects is obviously exclusive of the system
>> one, either of those would be fine from my perspective.
>
> I've been thinking about it, and can't come up with a really strong case
> for wanting a user-defined table if we settle the issue of having a
> strong key for pg_copy_errors.  Do you have one?

A user-defined error callback function would be nice. The function could
insert the erroneous rows to a table, write to a file, print a warning,
perform further checks, or whatever. This assumes that errors are seldom
enough that the error-path is not performance-critical.