Re: BUG #17212: pg_amcheck fails on checking temporary relations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Dilger
Subject Re: BUG #17212: pg_amcheck fails on checking temporary relations
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On Oct 4, 2021, at 4:28 PM, Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
> pg_amcheck -i idx1 -i idx2 -i idx3

I forgot to mention:  There's a continuum between `pg_amcheck -a` which checks everything in all databases of the
cluster,and `pg_amcheck -i just_one_index`.  There are any number of combinations of object names, schema names,
databasenames, and patterns over the same, which select anything from an empty set to a huge set of things to check.
I'mtrying to keep the behavior the same for all of those, and that's why I'm trying to avoid having `pg_amcheck -a`
silentlyskip indexes that are unavailable for checking while having `pg_amcheck -i just_one_index` give a report about
theindex.  I wouldn't know where to draw the line between reporting the issue and not, and I doubt whatever line I
choosewill be intuitive to users.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company