Re: pretty print viewdefs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pretty print viewdefs
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
>> I assume you are in effect saying you don't mind if there is an
>> occasional blank line in the output.
>>

> What blank line?  I would expect prettyprinting of expressions to
> sometimes insert an embedded newline, but not one at the beginning
> or end.  Do you have a counterexample?

Yes, CASE expressions, as in my previously posted example:
    SELECT 'a'::text AS b, ( SELECT 1              FROM dual) AS x, random() AS y,           CASE               WHEN
trueTHEN 1               ELSE 0           END AS c, 1 AS d      FROM dual;

cheers

andrew