Re: Unicode UTF-8 table formatting for psql text output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Unicode UTF-8 table formatting for psql text output
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Greg Stark wrote:
> I don't really have an opinion between one big patch versus multiple
> smaller patches. That will come down to the code and whether the
> separate patches are easier to read. It is sometimes hard to review a
> patch when its separated from the code which needs the new
> functionality though.

I have an opinion. These patches involved multiple changes to the same
few files.

Please, don't do that.

In general one patch per feature is what makes life for reviewers and
committers easier. For big features, sometimes we ask people to break it
up into several patches, but this wasn't a big feature at all, and there
is not the slightest need for more than one patch.

cheers

andrew