Re: Rapid Seek Devices (feature request) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From NTPT
Subject Re: Rapid Seek Devices (feature request)
Date
List pgsql-general
AFAIK postgresql measure characteristic of the data distribution in the
tables and indexes (that is what vacuum ANALYSE does) , but results of
that  measures  are **weighted by** random_page_cost and
sequential_page_cost. So  measurements are correct,  but costs (weight)
should reflect a real speed for sequentional and random operation of the
storage device(s) (tablespaces) involved.