Re: BUG #4988: Installer fails when creating password - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Sachin Srivastava
Subject Re: BUG #4988: Installer fails when creating password
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 08/17/2009 05:37 AM, jeremy.rosenburg@gmail.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      4988
> Logged by:
> Email address:      jeremy.rosenburg@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.7.3.1
> Operating system:   Windows XP
> Details:
>
> I was installing for the first time and entered a password that contained
> special characters #$% for the postgres user.    The installer blew-up after
> the user was created but now I'm totally stuck since it's not obvious how to
> remove or change the password of the postgres user that was created just
> before the installer failed.  Uninstalling won't clean it up and
> reinstalling keeps finding the user with a password that causes CREATE~1.EXE
> to abort during install.

I have tried the installer with password as '#$%postgres' on a WinXP and
it ran fine. So can please you post the error part of installation log
(%TEMP%\install-postgresql.log)?

Also you can try,

*NET USER postgres new_password*  (to change the password of  'postgres'
user)

or
*
NET USER postgres /delete* (to delete the 'postgres' user)

--
Regards,
Sachin Srivastava