Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema
Date
Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I'm also not sure I want to be trying to execute any arbitrary string
> that accidentally gets placed there because someone forgot to put a
> keyword or accidentally deleted it.
>
> But I'm not too dogmatic on the subject. What do others think?

Given that $$ is also used to quote non-procedural strings, I don't like
the idea that psql would be trying to execute any string I gave it after
forgetting "select".  If nothing else, that would lead to confusing and
misleading error messages.

Ideally, we'd be able to execute *any* PL that way by setting a shell
variable:

\pl plperl
DO $f$ foreach ( @_ ) { ...

--