Re: uuid contrib don't compile in OpenSolaris - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: uuid contrib don't compile in OpenSolaris
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dne 24.07.09 19:23, Emanuel Calvo Franco napsal(a):
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have some issues to compile uuid contrib of 8.4 version.
>>>
>>> Touching something i see that the gmake don't find uuid.h.
>>> (pfexec gmake -d)
>>> Touching more, i add uuid.h into the uuid directory and i had a
>>> error message: missing separator.
>> Did you use gmake the second time?  What was the exact make and compiler
>> error message?
>>

> Every time I execute the gmake, the error is the same (uuid.h
> not found).
>
> WHen i copy uuid.h in the current dir of uuid contrib, the
> error changes to missing separator. As I say, looking in
> the web i found that maybe is a bad character (a hidden tab
> or something like this).
>
> This occurs only in opensolaris 200906 (i didn't test on previous
> versions).

Hi,

problem is that PostgreSQL uses ossp UUID which is not integrated in
OpenSolaris. Solaris has own uuid implementation which seems to me
similar but not same. Try man uuid_generate or less /usr/uuid/uuid.h

It should be easy to port it but it needs a time :(.
    Zdenek