Re: How to Create a Database Dynamically Using PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: How to Create a Database Dynamically Using PostgreSQL
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 10/08/2009 05:44, Vishnu S. wrote:

> I am New in PostgreSQL. I want to know how we create a Database
> dynamically using a postgresql function.
>
> When I tried to create a Database like that,I got an error like the
> following,
>
> “CREATE DATABASE cannot be executed from a function or multi-command
> string”.

This question really belongs on the pgsql-general list, as it's not
related to PgAdmin.

However, do you need to do it from a function? You could just run the
SQL "create database..." command, assuming that your user has the
necessary privileges.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie