Re: psql o and g options not working - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Andreas Wenk
Subject Re: psql o and g options not working
Date
List pgsql-novice
robin isard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Whenever I try to use the \o or \g options to output a sql query to a
> file, I always get a "File or directory does not exist error."  The
> file does exist and I've given it every permission possible, ensured
> it's owned by the postgres user, and made sure it's in a directory
> postgres can write to.
>
> What am I doing wrong?  I'm using postgresql 8.3.

Can you provide the command you use in psql and the following error
message, the postgresql version you use and the operating system?

By the way. On a ubuntu box this is working for me:

test=# \g /tmp/bla.sql

tmp$ ll
-rw-r--r-- 1 postgres postgres  598 2009-08-09 22:32 bla.sql

Cheers

Andy