Re: the case for machine-readable error fields - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: the case for machine-readable error fields
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> From what I could find on a quick scan:
>
> RETURNED_SQLSTATE
> CLASS_ORIGIN
> SUBCLASS_ORIGIN
> CONSTRAINT_CATALOG
> CONSTRAINT_SCHEMA
> CONSTRAINT_NAME
> CATALOG_NAME
> SCHEMA_NAME
> TABLE_NAME
> COLUMN_NAME
> CURSOR_NAME
> MESSAGE_TEXT
> MESSAGE_LENGTH
> MESSAGE_OCTET_LENGTH
Also, though I'm not yet totally clear on their meaning:
COMMAND_FUNCTION
DYNAMIC_FUNCTION
And since users can declare a condition and associate it with a
SQLSTATE, and later use that to terminate a database transaction with
the SIGNAL command:
| If the value of the RETURNED_SQLSTATE corresponds to unhandled
| user-defined exception, then the value of CONDITION_IDENTIFIER is
| the <condition name> of the user-defined exception.
-Kevin