Re: FreeBSD 7.1 Release, Postgres v8.3.7 and confusion on a howto - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Lacey Powers
Subject Re: FreeBSD 7.1 Release, Postgres v8.3.7 and confusion on a howto
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hello Kurt,

It looks like the howto is assuming that you've made a database/have a
database called "system".

Looking over your initdb command....it looks like you have a template1
database and trust authentication for local connections.

Based on that, I'd recommend you try this command:

psql template1

 From there, if you can connect, you should be able to create the howto
mentioned "system" database (or whatever you choose), connect to that
database, and continue onward with the howto. =)

Lacey

--
Lacey Powers

The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc. 1.503.667.4564 ext 104