Re: Greenplum MapReduce - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Greenplum MapReduce
Date
List pgsql-performance
Suvankar Roy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anybody worked on Greenplum MapReduce programming ?
>
> I am facing a problem while trying to execute the below Greenplum
> Mapreduce program written in YAML (in blue).

The other poster suggested contacting Greenplum and I can only agree.

> The error is thrown in the 7th line as:
> Error: YAML syntax error - found character that cannot start any token
> while scanning for the next token, at line 7 (in red)

There is no red, particularly if viewing messages as plain text (which
most people do on mailing lists). Consider indicating a line some other
way next time (commonly below the line you put something like "this is
line 7 ^^^^^")

The most common problem I get with YAML files though is when a tab is
accidentally inserted instead of spaces at the start of a line.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd