Re: Greenplum MapReduce - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Greenplum MapReduce
Date
List pgsql-performance
Suvankar Roy wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> I sincerely regret the inconvenience caused.....

No big inconvenience, but the lists can be very busy sometimes and the
easier you make it for people to answer your questions the better the
answers you will get.

> %YAML 1.1
> ---
> VERSION: 1.0.0.1
> DATABASE: test_db1
> USER: gpadmin
> DEFINE:
>         - INPUT: #****** This the line which is causing the error ******#
 >                 NAME: doc
 >                 TABLE: documents

If it looks fine, always check for tabs. Oh, and you could have cut out
all the rest of the file, really.

> I have learnt that unnecessary TABs can the cause of this, so trying to
> overcome that, hopefully the problem will subside then....

I'm always getting this. It's easy to accidentally introduce a tab
character when reformatting YAML. It might be worth checking if your
text editor has an option to always replace tabs with spaces.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd