Re: questions on (parallel) COPY and when to REINDEX - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Janet Jacobsen
Subject Re: questions on (parallel) COPY and when to REINDEX
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi, Andy.  Thanks for the responses and information.

Just to let you know... what we are storing in the db are the image
attributes - about 40 of them - not the images.  So the COPY
is reading an ascii file of the image attributes.  It turns out to be
useful to have the image attributes handy - much better than reading
the image headers. The images are available on spinning disk, and
the image locations are in the db.

Thanks,
Janet