Re: Drop Cluster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roderick A. Anderson
Subject Re: Drop Cluster
Date
List pgsql-general
sweta@opspl.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I believe that command is specific to the debian/ubuntu distributions.
>>
>> in generic postgres, you'd simply stop the server, then delete the
>> contents of the $PGDATA directory
>
> I am using CentOS 5  and postgrest 8.1.11 .  Could not find the PGDATA
> directory. :(

On my CentOS 5 systems using the PGDG, and the stock CentOS I found it
(but already knew where) based on the following.

[root@db3 ~]# su - postgres
-bash-3.2$ echo $PGDATA
/var/lib/pgsql/data
-bash-3.2$

> Will deleting the contents from the directory remove "Cluster already exists"
> error???

You will probably have to re-init_db to have a working PostgreSQL
database system.

> Thanks and Regards,
> Sweta.

\\||/