Re: Reg: Data Conversion in PGSQl - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Reg: Data Conversion in PGSQl
Date
List pgsql-general
Rama Mohan Reddy wrote:
> Hi Gurus,
>
> My Client gave me data in .dat format for each table,
> which is in postgresql in linux environment
> I want to table data in windows environment

I'd suggest taking a look at those .dat files, see if they are in fact
CSV or SQL or what.  for instance, in a CMD prompt window...

    type somefile.dat | more

just the first couple lines of one of these files should show enough.
if they are some kind of raw binary data, than i dunno what you could do
with them.  if they are in a CSV format, you should be able to import
them into almost anything, like postgres on windows, Microsoft SQL
Server, Access, even Excel.