Re: uuid-ossp for PostGres 8.4 running on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sachin Srivastava
Subject Re: uuid-ossp for PostGres 8.4 running on Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Michael,

In the EnterpriseDB installer, uuid-ossp contrib module is available but not loaded/enabled by default. To enable uuid-ossp module simply run the uuid-ossp.sql file ("share\contrib\uuid-ossp.sql").

This is something that i did:
psql.exe -U postgres -d postgres -f share\contrib\uuid-ossp.sql

Then from psql i fired the below query and got results,
SELECT uuid_generate_v3(uuid_ns_url(), 'http://www.postgresql.org');

Hope it helps.