Re: Idle in transaction help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Idle in transaction help
Date
List pgsql-general
Scot Kreienkamp wrote:
> It is Java.  I asked our programmers to check on the JDBC version as I
> had seen that on the list previously.  It is using postgresql-8.2-504.
> Is that one of the problem versions? I had thought it was new enough
> that it would not be subject to that problem.

well, the current JDBC for 8.2 is build 510.  see
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html

It does appear the idle-in-transaction bug I'm remembering is pretty
old...  it was fixed in Version 8.0-dev302 (2004-06-15), heh.  your
version is from 2006-12-01.     I would still consider upgrading, there
have been a lot of fixes and enhancements between 504 and 510...  See
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/changes.html  for a revision history.

Remember, if you have autocommit OFF, then even read-only (select-only)
connections need commits, or they stay in transaction.