Re: An example needed for Serializable conflict... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From durumdara
Subject Re: An example needed for Serializable conflict...
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

Thanks for your help!

Another question if I use only "SELECTS" can I get some Serialization Error?

For example:
I need a report tool that can show the actual state of the business.
Because of I use value-dependent logic, I MUST use consistent state to preserve the equality of many values (sums, counts, etc.).

So some (Read Committer) threads are update/delete/insert (sum modify) rows, but this report tool only READ the tables, and only works for temp tables.

Can I get some S. error from this transaction?
Or can I get some error from modifier threads if this (serializer report) thread actually read the rows that they are want to modify?

This is the main question about it.

Thanks for your read/answer!

    dd