EDB taking over? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andreas Pflug
Subject EDB taking over?
Date
Re: EDB taking over? Another heart attack.  (Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>)
List pgsql-advocacy
I wonder how many non-EDB contributors have seen the One-Click
installer; I never used it until 8.4. I was quite irritated how
prominently the EnterpriseDB lettering is placed on the installer; apart
from a tiny "Packaged by" the graphics is a pgsql Elephant with a big
"EnterpriseDB(tm)" on top, with no PostgreSQL lettering around. From the
installer's appearance, you could get the impression EDB is the company
behind postgres.

I've seen some EDB impact on pgadmin's design principles a while ago;
pgadmin could be considered as the face of pgsql (since most win32
first-time users probably will have the first contact to pgsql via
pgadmin), so while this message's subject is certainly an exaggeration,
I see tendencies for EnterpriseDB to use pgsql infrastructure as
marketing vehicle more and more.

Regards,
Andreas