Re: Free OLAP software for Postgres databas - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sim Zacks
Subject Re: Free OLAP software for Postgres databas
Date
List pgsql-general
> The first is easy; simply configure data sources pointed at the PostgreSQL
> database. Note that the JDBC drivers that ship with Pentaho are, in my
> experience, of inconsistent version, and you might want to update them to the
> latest available for your PostgreSQL and Java versions.

In my experience you don't want to upgrade the jars that come with
Pentaho. If it is not the versions that they come with the chances are
that things will not work. The JDBC driver might be upgradeable, I
believe we downloaded that by ourselves.

Also we had a much better experience with Jasper (free version) then
Pentaho (free version).