Re: performance with query - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: performance with query
Date
List pgsql-performance
Alberto Dalmaso <dalmaso@clesius.it> wrote:

> do you thing it is impossible to find a
> configuration that works fine for both the kind of query?

No.  We probably just need a little more information.

> The application have to run even versus oracle db... i wont have to
> write a different source for the two database...

I understand completely.

> I attach the explanation of the log query after setting all the
> enable to on. In this condition the query will never finish...

We're getting close.  Can you share the table structure and the actual
query you are running?  It's a lot easier (for me, anyway) to put this
puzzle together with all the pieces in hand.

Also, if you can set off some of the optimizer options and get a fast
plan, please show us an EXPLAIN ANALYZE for that, with information on
which settings were turned off.  That will help show where bad
estimates may be causing a problem, or possibly give a hint of table
or index bloat problems.

I think we're getting close to critical mass for seeing the
solution....

-Kevin