Re: drop PW - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andy Shellam
Subject Re: drop PW
Date
List pgsql-sql
Mark,

As Joshua said, you can modify pg_hba.conf.  What's happening is
PostgreSQL is configured to require a password for the IP address that
user is connecting from, but you're not supplying one.  Set that user
and the IP address they connect from to "trust" security in pg_hba.conf
and bounce PostgreSQL.

An alternative approach is to add the required password to your user's
.pgpass file however I've never used those so cannot comment.

Andy