Re: Postgres has stopped logging - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Lewis Kapell
Subject Re: Postgres has stopped logging
Date
List pgsql-admin
Sorry, a couple of things that I intended to mention in my initial post
- I must have forgotten.

1) We (actually I) compiled Postgres from source.

2) The relevant section of the config file looks like this:

#log_destination = 'stderr'
logging_collector = on
log_directory = '/var/log/postgres'
log_filename = 'postgresql-%Y-%m-%d.log'
#log_truncate_on_rotation = off
log_rotation_age = 7d
#log_rotation_size = 10MB

3) If I issue ls -l I see the following (last few lines only):

Thank you,

Lewis Kapell
Computer Operations
Seton Home Study School