Re: Slashdot discussion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Smith
Subject Re: Slashdot discussion
Date
List pgsql-general

> Is anyone else noticing this: Everytime this sort of thing comes up a
> number of people invariably tell that they are using MySQL because it's
> easier to install, and that PostgreSQL is difficult ("a pain") to install.
>
> I've studied the MySQL installation instructions, and they don't strike me
> as inherently simpler. Is it only perception, or what can we do better?

It's not that, to me it's support. I was looking at doing a postgres / php based
website, but couldn't find anything about this combination anywhere, it's all
mysql. I'm now writing my own, and getting some feedback :)
http://designmagick.50megs.com/postgresql-tutorial/
any comments would be great (I know about the serial function, I've updated it
but haven't uploaded the new version yet).

Chris.