Re: Slashdot discussion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From DAROLD Gilles
Subject Re: Slashdot discussion
Date
List pgsql-general
Chris Bitmead wrote:

> Graeme Merrall wrote:
> > Without wanting to starta thread war I think postgres is
> > great, but for many people the learning curve is too great and thus
> > MySQL is a good introduction.
>
> In what way is mysql easier to learn?

To my point of view postgres is more easy to install and to start from.
I have
began to learn SQL and database with postgres95. It's still the most
easiest
database to install and to manage. The only thing it's to read
documentation
and Postgres is now very well documented.  I have tried to run mysql
many
time but I never be patient enought to see it run. Beginers knowledge is
perhaps
more advanced than in Postgres mailing list because every one have a
friend
who have run mysql ... Not me :-)