check for missing tablespaces? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject check for missing tablespaces?
Date
Re: check for missing tablespaces?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: check for missing tablespaces?  (Andrew Chernow <ac@esilo.com>)
Re: check for missing tablespaces?  (Andrew Chernow <ac@esilo.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
I am in the middle of helping a customer recover from a situation where
a tablespace was missing when a machine was rebooted and postgres
restarted, and I'm wondering if we should not have some sort of check
for this on startup. Maybe we could check for the existence of the
PG_VERSION file or something like that? Of course, that wouldn't help if
the tablespace were subsequently lost, but it doesn't seem like a
terribly expensive or unreasonable sanity check for startup.

cheers

andrew