Re: a strange error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc Schablewski
Subject Re: a strange error
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I guess this has nothing to do with postgres. Your web applicationdoes
some kind of connection pooling and doesn't notice when you shut down
the database. When you access the application after you reinitialized
the database it will use these old and now invald connections and run
into the given error. After some requests, your webserver will spawn new
child processes while others die and those new processes connect to the
new database. To solve this, you should restart your application as well.

Marc

--
click:ware Informationstechnik GmbH
i. A. Marc Schablewski

Hausanschrift:
Kamekestraße 19
50672 Köln

Postanschrift:
Postfach 10 04 22
50444 Köln

Tel: (+49) 0221 139988-0
Fax: (+49) 0221 139988-79

Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Goerner
Handelsregisternr: HRB 31438 ( Amtsgericht Köln )