Re: information_schema.columns changes needed for OLEDB - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gevik Babakhani
Subject Re: information_schema.columns changes needed for OLEDB
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 5/23/09 7:37 PM, Konstantin Izmailov wrote:
>> Number 4 is actually numeric_precision (I typed incorrectly). My
>> recollection is that numeric_precision sometimes expressed in radix 2
>> and it caused issues for Windows apps.
>>
>> I agree on other issues. I was curious if database can help OLEDB driver
>> (to make it simpler). Anyway it can emulate values for specific Windows
>> apps on the fly. Thank you!
>
> You could, of course, create your own ms_information_schema which had
> ms_friendly views of the IS.

This is what I have done for a past project. I do not think we should
part from the standard SQL schema in order to satisfy a certain third
party component.
If the information_schema does not provide all the information, one
could always query the pg_* tables for needed data.

--
Regards,
Gevik