Re: Optimizing Read-Only Scalability - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jignesh K. Shah
Subject Re: Optimizing Read-Only Scalability
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 16:21 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>

>>> So we can optimize away the scan through the procarray by doing two "if"
>>> tests, one outside of the lock, one inside. In normal running, both will
>>> be optimized away, though in read-only periods we would avoid much work.
>>>
>> How much work would it be to work up a test patch?
>>

> Not much. The most important thing is a place to test it and access to
> detailed feedback. Let's see if Dimitri does this.
>
> There are some other tuning aspects to be got right first also, but
> those are already known.

I would be interested in testing it out.. I have been collecting some
sysbench read-scalability numbers and some other numbers that I can cook
up with dbt3 , igen.. So I have a frame of reference on those numbers ..
I am sure we can always use some extra performance.

Regards,
Jignesh

--
Jignesh Shah           http://blogs.sun.com/jkshah