Re: New trigger option of pg_standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: New trigger option of pg_standby
Date
Re: New trigger option of pg_standby  (Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>)
Re: New trigger option of pg_standby  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs wrote:
> I will set-up pg_standby as an external module and we can change it from
> there. No more discussions-for-8.4 and I can update as required to
> support each release. So let's just remove it from contrib and be done.
> Counterthoughts?

We're in Beta. You can't just go yanking stuff like that. Beta testers
will be justifiably very annoyed.

Please calm down.

pg_standby is useful and needs to be correct. And its existence as a
standard module is one of the things that has made me feel confident
about recommending people to use the PITR stuff. I'll be very annoyed if
it were to get pulled.

cheers

andrew