Re: New trigger option of pg_standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: New trigger option of pg_standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 14:14 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> pg_standby is useful and needs to be correct. And its existence as a
> standard module is one of the things that has made me feel confident
> about recommending people to use the PITR stuff. I'll be very annoyed if
> it were to get pulled.

Although I am not advocating one position or another there are benefits
to removing it. It would be nice to continue to enhance pg_standby
without the limitations of the core release schedule.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -